The new World Handicap System starts 30.01.2020. All the changes are automatically calculated so there is nothing that a player has to do, but I thought it would be good to explain a few changes using my handicap as an example. For the detail please read the attached document below.
- One change is that your GA handicap is no longer your 8 best scores divided by 8 and multiplied by 0.93. Now it is just your 8 best scores divided by 8.
- My current GA is 14.7.
- My new GA will be 15.8 (ie. 14.7 / 0.93). Assuming I have read the document correctly.
- The other change is the calculation of your Daily Handicap. The current calculation is (GA Handicap / 113 * Slope). The new calculation is ((GA Handicap / 113 * Slope) + (Scratch Rating – Par)) * 0.93).
- My current Daily Handicap is 16 (ie. 14.7 / 113 * 124).
- My new Daily Handicap is 13 (ie. ((15.8 / 113 * 124) + (67 – 70)) * 0.93). Assuming I have read the document correctly.